- Eligibility: The Harry & David® Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at time of entry. Employees of Harry and David, LLC (“Sponsor”), its parent company and their respective subsidiaries and affiliate companies, and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members, are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and winning is contingent on entrant’s compliance. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Entrants must have a working email address for notification and mailing address for delivery of prizes.
- Sweepstakes Duration: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 20, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on February 14, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit https://www.harryanddavid.com/h/valentinesdaysweep and you can enter the Sweepstakes by participating in our online personality quiz titled: “Can we guess what you really want for Valentine’s Day?” Upon completion of the quiz, participants must enter their name and email address to be entered into the sweepstakes. Participants will be able to view and share quiz results without submitting an email address.
You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes upon sign up. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants may not share the same email address. Using multiple email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other method to attempt to enter the Sweepstakes more than the allowed number of times will void all of a person's entries and may disqualify that person from participation in the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. If there is a dispute as to any entry submitted, the authorized holder of the account used to enter (as determined by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning such account) will be deemed to be the authorized account holder. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- 5. Selection of Potential Winners: On or about February 20, 2017, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected among the valid entries to receive a $1,000 USD Harry & David® gift card. Ten (10) separate potential runner up winners will also be randomly selected to each receive a box of Harry & David® Signature Chocolates Truffles (or truffles of like value).
- ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY OCCURRING AFTER SPONSOR’S SYSTEM HAS BEEN COMPROMISED OR FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED DEFECTIVE, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED
- Notification and Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners who validly entered will be notified via the email address they used to enter. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted within ten days of Sponsor’s notification, or a prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately thirty business days after conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes Prizes and Odds of Winning: Under the Sweepstakes, One (1) Grand-Prize winner will receive a $1,000.00 USD Harry & David® gift card. Ten (10) runner-up winners will each receive one (1) box of Harry & David® Signature Chocolates Truffles (Item #422x, retail value $29.99 USD), or like-value box of Harry & David® Truffles. Gifts include shipping and processing, which is not reflected in the retail values listed above. Winners will receive their prizes by mail, shipped by standard ground delivery to a delivery address provided by the winner. A winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize, but will not receive an alternate prize or any cash value. Prizes are not assignable or transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF EACH PRIZE: $1,000 USD for the Harry & David® gift card and $29.99 USD each for the Harry & David® Signature Chocolates Truffles.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: $1,299.90 USD.
- Winners List: After winners are confirmed, a winners list will be posted at https://www.harryanddavid.com/h/valentinesdaysweep. A winners list is also available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Harry and David, LLC at 2500 South Pacific Highway, Medford, OR 97501. A winners list will be available for thirty days after the Sweepstakes ends.
- Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, agents, officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to, or loss of, property arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, you authorize Sponsor to publicly identify you as a winner and consent to Sponsor and its agents use and publication of your name, likeness, biographical information, photograph, video, voice, opinions and hometown and state in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, including without limitation, for advertisements, promotional materials, publications, Web sites and any other media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity without further consideration or review and waive any right to inspect, approve or condition, or to be compensated for, such uses.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, the rules of any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law. If such an attempt is made, Sponsor may seek damages from the perpetrator to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term of these Official Rules or applicable law.
- Limitations of Liability: THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS, WEBSITE ERRORS, OR ERRORS IN EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING USED IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE EXECUTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS OF WEBSITES, INTERNET ACCESS, OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. IF FOR ANY REASON AN ENTRY IS CONFIRMED TO HAVE BEEN ERRONEOUSLY DELETED, LOST OR OTHERWISE DESTROYED OR CORRUPTED, ENTRANT’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS ANOTHER ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO AWARD ANOTHER ENTRY DUE TO DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PART OF IT, FOR ANY REASON, SPONSOR, AT ITS DISCRETION, MAY HOLD A RANDOM DRAWING FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED UP TO THE DATE OF DISCONTINUANCE FOR ANY OR ALL PRIZES OFFERED.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Oregon or the appropriate Court of the State of Oregon located in Jackson County, Oregon; AND (2) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANY AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICES PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Oregon.
By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to receive email newsletters, updates, and/or other promotional communications periodically from Sponsor. Entrants can opt-out of receiving communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email newsletter.
- Sponsor and Administrator: Harry and David, LLC, 2500 South Pacific Highway, Medford, OR 97501.
If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact email@example.com.