Pear season is in full swing, which means we’re using our juicy Royal Riviera Pears in just about everything. We love eating Royal Rivieras straight from the box–who doesn’t? But, baking them is a treat because it brings out an extra layer of sweetness. These baked pears bring us back to our roots and really lets the flavor of the pears shine! The recipe has just three required ingredients and is ready in just a few minutes.
For this version of baked pears, we used maple syrup, cinnamon, and walnuts because they add a cozy fall flavor and a bit of crunch. While the pears are delicious all on their own, if you’re using this recipe for holiday entertaining you might want a more elegant touch. We served these on a whipped honey ricotta base for a creamy contrast that will wow your guests. The end result is an elegant (and easy!) treat that everyone will enjoy.
These baked pears are perfect for weekend entertaining, holiday parties, or a simple weeknight dessert. It’s easy to mix and match the toppings, or you can try coming up with flavors of your own! If you loved this pear and cheese combo, you can also try these blue cheese stuffed pears.
Easy Baked Pears
For the pears
- 3 Harry & David® Royal Riviera® Pears
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup granola
- Maple syrup
For the Whipped Ricotta
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Cut each pear in half, then core them with a melon baller and/or knife.
- Slice a piece off the bottom of each (the rounded side of the pear), so they can lay flat while baking.
- Place the pear halves on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them evenly with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle walnuts in the cores of three of the pear halves, then granola in the cores of the remaining three pear halves.
- Drizzle them with maple syrup.
- Cook the pears for 30 minutes.
- While the pears are baking, prepare the whipped ricotta by beating the ricotta with 1 tablespoon of honey in a small bowl.
- Scoop the whipped ricotta into serving bowls.
- When you take the pears out of the oven, place them in the bowls on top of the ricotta for serving.