Whether for a quick lunch on the fly or as a side dish at Sunday dinner, this Southwestern Black Bean and Corn Salad is super scrumptious! Corn, avocado, tomato, and Harry & David Black Bean and Corn Salsa mix together in minutes for a dish that’s full of flavor.
This Southwestern-inspired salad is bursting with flavor and only requires a few ingredients to assemble. Corn, black beans, tomato, red onion, and avocado mix together with Harry & David’s Black Bean and Corn Salsa for a salad that’s ready in minutes. The salsa is light enough that it works like a dressing, but still packs a flavorful punch.
You can enjoy this Southwestern salad on its own as a light side dish, or serve it with tortilla chips. You could even add it as a topping to chicken tacos. The best part is that you can prep the salad up to a day in advance, which makes it great for busy weeknights or entertaining, and especially on those busy weeknights when you’re also entertaining.
Plus, the longer the salsa sets, the longer the flavors have to combine. And who doesn’t like a flavorful salsa?
Southwestern Black Bean Corn Salad
- 1 ¼ cups black beans (canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 ¼ cups fresh or canned corn
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- ⅓ cup red onion (diced)
- 1 avocado (pitted, diced)
- ⅓ cup Harry & David® Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (for garnish)
- In a large bowl combine black beans, corn, tomato, red onion, and avocado.
- Add in the Harry & David Black Bean and Corn Salsa. Gently toss to combine.
- Pour the salad into a serving bowl and garnish the top with feta cheese.