Our series “From Scratch” features baking recipes that are easy as pie. This picture-perfect Chocolate Truffle Cherry Cheesecake is a show-stopping dessert to share with friends. Created by Jessica Merchant from How Sweet Eats, Harry & David Signature Chocolate Truffles make a decadent topping to a this chocolate-cherry masterpiece.
My all-time favorite, end-of-the-road, last-meal-on-Earth dessert would be cheesecake. I have loved it forever. From the very first bite.
It subconsciously probably has something to do with my love for cheese! Cheese and cake– where could things possibly go wrong? In this case, I wanted to make a cheesecake topped with something outrageously decadent… like truffles!
Harry & David chocolate truffles are absolutely to die for. The assortment of flavors is super delicious and I knew that I wanted to do something extra fun with them.
This cheesecake has a chocolate cookie base with a delightfully creamy cheesecake center. It’s super light but also rich and wonderful. On top of the cheesecake comes a silky and fudgy chocolate ganache. And why stop there?! On top of that is an actual cherry topping with maraschino cherries, along with chocolate shavings and those truffles!
The truffles take this baby over the top. It’s the perfect treat for your sweetheart!
Chocolate Truffle Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces Dark chocolate (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box Harry & David chocolate truffles
- Maraschino cherries (for topping)
- Chopped chocolate (for topping)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 cups cherries (frozen and pitted)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a food processor, add the cookies and blend until they are in fine crumbs. Add in the melted butter and blend until the mixture is moist. Press the crust in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, melted chocolate, and cocoa powder. Beat in each egg one at a time. Beat in the vanilla extract until just combined. Don’t overbeat!
- Pour the batter into the crust. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until the center is just set. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely. Chill it overnight.
- To make the ganache, heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until warm. Pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for a minute then stir until completely smooth. Let it cool slightly, then pour it over top of the cake. Chill for 30 minutes.
- To make the cherry topping, combine the cherries and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine and heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and top it with the chocolate truffles on the edges. I like to use 8 or 10. Fill the center with the cherry topping. Add the chopped chocolate on top as well as the maraschino cherries. Serve!