In “Cooking up Comfort” we’re walking you through all the classics, whether you want to curl up with soup on a rainy afternoon or bake something delicious to celebrate the weekend. Rich and chocolatey, this Chocolate Mug Cake is a quick and easy treat that cooks in just one minute. Seriously.
This mug cake is the perfect answer for any sweet craving. Plus, it’s filled with delicious, creamy Harry & David Chocolate Truffles which are hard to resist. We dare you to eat just one. The chopped chocolate truffle pieces melt into little pools of goodness while the cake bakes, and the mini marshmallows add another layer of decadence.
This Chocolate Mug Cake batter is made with hot cocoa mix and cocoa powder to boost the chocolate flavor. It comes together quickly and the whole cake bakes in just one minute. It’s so easy to make that the kids can handle the whole project all by themselves. Getting them to clean up, well, good luck with that.
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Harry & David chocolate truffles (roughly chopped)
- 6-8 mini marshmallows (plus extra for garnish)
- In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter until it’s melted.
- Add the vanilla, milk and egg to the butter and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the sugar, flour, baking powder, hot cocoa, and cocoa powder.
- Divide the batter between two 8-ounce mugs filling no more than halfway in each mug. (Overfilling will result in a huge mess.) Sprinkle the batter with chopped truffle and marshmallows.
- Place the mugs in the microwave and bake on high for 1 minute. The cake should spring back when pressed lightly with your finger. If the cake is undercooked, cook for an additional 15 seconds until cooked through.