The recipes in our series “Homemade Gourmet” take the thought and time out of cooking without sacrificing their flavor or gourmet appeal. This Mushroom, Bacon, and English Muffin Strata recipe by Kellie Hemmerly of The Suburban Soapbox will take any brunch from boring to luxurious with just one bite.
Baked egg dishes are the perfect option when you want to bake ahead of time for brunch. This simple Mushroom, Bacon, and English Muffin Strata comes together easily with the inclusion of Wolferman’s Signature English Muffins. Replacing the traditional white bread I typically use in my strata recipe, the English muffins add a surprising and pleasant texture to the dish. Like a savory bread pudding, you will want these to grace your brunch table every single Sunday.
Mushroom, Bacon, and English Muffin Strata
- 1 medium non-stick skillet
- 4 8-ounce ramekins
- Baking sheet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces white mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 slices Canadian bacon (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 Wolferman’s Signature English Muffins (cut into bite-sized cubes)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until softened. Stir in the bacon and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until combined. Add the English muffins to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Stir in the mushroom and bacon mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 4 8-ounce ramekins coated with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the strata for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.