“The Power of Fruit” takes you on a seed to table journey of nature’s candy. This Pear Ginger Green Smoothie with chia seeds by The Suburban Soapbox is a refreshing way to fuel up in the morning. Fresh, juicy Harry & David Royal Riviera Pears add a natural sweetness to an otherwise boring fruit beverage.
Making this smoothie is my favorite way to lighten up my morning breakfast routine without refined sugar or artificial sweeteners. Plain low-fat Greek yogurt creates a creamy consistency while the chia seeds help you feel fuller longer. The ginger beautifully complements the rest of the ingredients with its pleasant pepper bite while the pears balance it out with their sweetness.
Ready in just a few minutes, this is one smoothie you’ll want to add to your breakfast routine.
Pear Ginger Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Harry & David® Royal Riviera Pear (stem removed, cut in half and cored)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 banana (peeled)
- ½ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced )
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. For a thicker consistency, add 1 cup of ice (or more).
- Pour the smoothie into an 8-ounce glass and serve immediately.