Chocolate-Matzo Layer Cake
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 large glass bowl
- Hand mixer
- 2 9×13 inch sheet pans
- 2 cups roughly chopped Harry & David Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 1 cup brewed Harry & David coffee
- 5 matzo sheets
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chopped truffles and 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream. Stir chocolate and cream over medium heat until combined, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Reserve about 1 cup of the chocolate mixture for the frosting.
- Brew the coffee to your preference. A darker brew will result in a stronger coffee flavor. Set 1 cup aside to cool.
- Next, in a large glass bowl add the remaining whipping cream. Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream until heavy peaks form. Add in the chocolate mixture and gently fold until well incorporated.
- Pour the cooled coffee into a 9×13 inch sheet pan. Take a sheet of matzo and gently dip into the coffee. Take the coffee-soaked matzo and place it on another 9×13 inch sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Top the matzo with about ¼ cup of the chocolate mixture. Repeat the process four more times. End the layering with matzo and top with the reserved chocolate mixture.
- Cover the sheet pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Slice and serve the next day.