A Delightful Summer Dessert
There’s no better dessert during the summer months than one made with sweet, juicy, fresh peaches. Great on their own and enjoyed just as nature intended, we love a dish baked with a butter crust like this Classic Peach Cobbler and it couldn’t be simpler to make!
The peaches become even more decadent when baked and the buttery topping is the perfect contrast…like a crispy, sweet blanket.
Melted butter, a quick batter and tender sliced peaches tossed with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg are all baked until golden brown.
This easy peach cobbler recipe courtesy of Kellie Hemmerly of the Suburban Soapbox will be your go-to summer dessert for any occasion.
It’s a fantastic end to any summer cookout….and don’t forget the vanilla ice cream.
Classic Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 5 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ Tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 cups Harry & David® Oregold® Peaches (peeled and sliced)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ Tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ Tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and melt in the oven.
- While the butter’s melting, whisk the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add half and half while continuing to whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss peaches, brown sugar, remaining granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla until combined.
- Remove baking dish from oven and pour batter over the butter. Don’t stir.
- Pour peaches over the batter and spread with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Allow the cobbler to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.