These simple Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken Skewers are the perfect reintroduction to grilling season. Created by Lauren from The Curious Plate, our Charred Pineapple Relish adds a sweet and spicy balance to this quick recipe. Add this to your list of favorite relish recipes!
The best part about skewers threaded with juicy cuts of meat, vegetables, or fruit is that they make for versatile summer grilling. The second best part is not having to mess with a sink full of dirty dishes — it makes me want to break out into a happy dance.
Some favorites are summer zucchini rounds stacked between sweet cherry tomatoes and rich, tender cubes of lamb or beef. And dark meat chicken thighs are fantastic when paired with peach or apricot wedges — their natural fruit sugars caramelize, and their sweetness deepens.
In this recipe for grilled Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken Skewers, you’ll thread teriyaki sauce-marinated chicken breasts with onions and fresh, bright summer peppers. The salty and umami flavors in the chicken get a pop of sticky-sweet glory when you glaze them with Charred Pineapple Relish. Keep extra relish on hand for dipping chips, or even use it as a stellar burger topping.
Grilled Teriyaki & Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- A bottle of your favorite teriyaki dressing
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1-inch slices)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into 1-inch slices)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into 1-inch slices)
- 1 red onion (cut into 1-inch slices)
- 1 jar Harry and David Charred Pineapple Relish (for garnish)
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large plastic container fitted with a lid add the chicken breasts and teriyaki dressing. Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours to overnight for better results.
- Preheat your grill.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers along with the peppers and red onion.
- Grill the chicken skewers for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Remove the skewers from the grill and place on a serving platter.
- Garnish each skewer with Harry & David Charred Pineapple Relish and fresh parsley.