This pineapple vanilla ice cream recipe combines two of the best things: ice cream, of course, and Harry & David Pineapple Salsa. It’s a sweet, flavorful dessert, and takes only a few minutes to make.
Pineapple vanilla ice cream might sound crazy — go on, say it to yourself: pine-app-le-ice-cream — but it sure is tasty! Just scoop the ice cream into a bowl and top it with the pineapple salsa. Add a sprig of fresh mint for extra flavor and color. The sweetness and spiciness of the salsa pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the ice cream for a fun, spicy sundae.
Serve with cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips for a crunchy addition, or enjoy as is. Now, take one bite and say it again: pineapple ice cream. Doesn’t sound crazy anymore, does it….
Pineapple Vanilla Ice Cream with a Spicy Kick
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream (divided)
- 4 tablespoons Harry & David Pineapple Salsa (divided)
- Fresh chopped mint (for garnish)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Place a 1/2 cup of vanilla bean ice cream (roughly two to three scoops) into an individual serving bowl.
- Top the ice cream with 1 tablespoon of Harry & David Pineapple Salsa.
- Repeat process with remaining three bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with fresh chopped mint and serve immediately. Don’t forget the tortilla chips, should the mood strike you.