Bypass regular butter and whip up this sweet spread instead. This fall favorite pear butter is great stirred into oatmeal, Greek yogurt, or cottage cheese. It’s also a wonderful spread over pancakes or dolloped on top of frozen yogurt. Maybe even try it over almond butter on toast. Delish any time of day!
Easy Slow Cooker Pear Butter
- 3 ½ pounds Harry & David® Royal Riviera® Pears (or Bartlett Pears, about 6 large & ripe. Peeled, cored, finely chopped)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Vanilla bean
- Place the pears in a slow cooker and sprinkle brown sugar and raw sugar on top.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the slow cooker. Stir well and add the vanilla bean pod halves.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, stirring once halfway, until the pears are tender and dark brown.
- Uncover, remove the vanilla pod halves, and purée with an immersion blender.
- Cook on high, uncovered, for 3 hours, and stir occasionally until thickened.
- Serve warm or cold.