Every March we celebrate the return of sweet, delicious grapefruit. Our Avocado Grapefruit Salad recipe is a delightfully fresh way to showcase this premium fruit, harvested from the grove at its peak. Enjoy!
Avocado Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- ¼ cup lemon juice (fresh )
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 8 oz baby arugula ( or green lettuce, or a combination)
- 1 large avocado (peeled and sliced)
- 1 fennel bulb (thinly shaved)
- 1 grapefruit (peeled and sectioned with membranes removed)
For the dressing:
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
For the salad:
- Gently tear the greens into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange on four chilled plates.
- Alternate slices of avocado and grapefruit sections on greens.
- Top with shaved fennel and drizzle the dressing generously over the salad.