This surprisingly simple dish is a must for any home. Our Chef created this baked pear recipe that you can make as a delicious alternative dessert to impress your guests. Plus, it’s a great way to share the incredibly sweet and juicy pears that fall brings us.
We used our Royal Riviera® Pears for this baked pear recipe, but if you’re in the mood for red pears (like in the image background) check these out.
Baked Pear Recipe with Puff Pastry
- 4 Harry & David® Royal Riviera® Pears
- 4 tsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed )
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 14 oz puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel, stem, and core the pears
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon sugar to each pear
- Lay the pasty flat on a cutting board, egg wash, and cut into long half-inch strips
- Tuck the end of one strip of pastry into the bottom of the cored pear to anchor the dough
- Wrap the pear with dough, overlapping edges slightly
- Gently stretch the dough as you continue to wrap each pear and work quickly to avoid the dough becoming soft and difficult to adhere
- Once the pears are completely wrapped, egg wash and bake approximately 25 minutes, or until golden brown
How can the Oregon Trail Sauce be used on chicken?