Rich and comforting, this Hot Buttered Rum Coffee is festively spiced and perfect for the holidays! This drink is simple to make and will be a hit with friends and family this season.
A tasty blend of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and rum, is whisked into your favorite Harry & David Coffee to create an after-dinner drink that will win over even the biggest grinch. Hot buttered rum coffee is a wonderful way to toast the holiday season. This tasty treat is simple to prepare with just a few prep ahead tricks.
To make this Hot Buttered Rum Coffee, you’ll whip together butter, spices and brown sugar. The butter blend can be made up to a week in advance. But a word of warning…this butter blend is fabulous on toast…or a spoon. So, be sure to hide it from your guests!
Just before serving, add a dollop or two to a coffee mug and top with rum. Fill your mug with your favorite Harry & David coffee—I love the crème brûlée coffee flavor—and whisk the ingredients together, then top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve. This is how you savor the holidays!
Hot Buttered Rum Coffee
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 4 cups freshly brewed hot coffee
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg together until smooth. Chill for 20-30 minutes or until firm.
- While waiting, brew the coffee.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the spiced butter into a coffee mug. Pour 1 ounce rum over the butter and top with 1 cup of coffee. Stir to combine.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, rum and coffee.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.