Shelly of Cookie and Cups had a decadent Harry & David cheesecake delivered and whipped up a blueberry mousse to top it off. She shared the recipe with us just in time for National Cheesecake Day, July 30.
I love cheesecake. It’s basically my favorite food group.
There have been times that I have eaten cheesecake for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it’s gone out of my house. I can’t be trusted for sure. I am not proud.
The thing is, I am NOT an expert cheesecake maker. Nope, not by any means…especially a perfect, creamy, New York Style Cheesecake. Most of my attempts at cheesecake have been hiding all the imperfections with loads of candy, caramel drizzles or piles of fruit.
Luckily for me, I was fortunate enough to spend a few days out in Oregon last year with my friends at Harry & David…and you know what? They make a mean cheesecake. Not kidding.
Unfortunately I don’t have a Harry & David store close to me…which, now that I think about it, is actually a blessing in disguise. My hips would never be the same, I’m afraid. BUT on the flip side, Harry & David ships beautiful cheesecakes right to your doorstep. Yep, order a cheesecake online and it will be in your hot little hands in days.
Evil genius I tell you!
And all that brings me to today. I just got a cheesecake delivery. What to do? What to do?
I could eat it plain…I mean look at the graham cracker crust!
Yes, absolutely I could eat it plain and it would be fantastic!
I could grab out some hot fudge and pile a load of Harry & David Signature Truffles on top!
Oh my word, can you even imagine how gorgeous that would be?
But today I realized I had a container of beautiful blueberries sitting on my counter.
So why not put them to use to turn my gorgeous cheesecake into something extra special!?
I simply mixed some cream cheese and sugar with a homemade blueberry puree and folded in some whipped cream to make it light and fluffy…
I spread it all over my cheesecake and then piled up some more blueberries!
Isn’t it gorgeous?
The creamy cheesecake with the sweet blueberries on top make this a show stopper!
Blueberry Mousse Cheesecake
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup extra blueberries for garnish
- In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment beat heavy cream and 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In small food processor or blender create a blueberry puree by blending blueberries and 1 Tbsp granulated sugar until it becomes a liquid. Set this aside.
- In clean bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the blueberry puree and continue beating until completely incorporated and smooth, scraping sides as necessary.
- Finally fold in your whipped cream into the blueberry cream cheese mixture until evenly mixed in.
- Spread the Blueberry mousse on top of cheesecake and garnish with more blueberries, if desired.