Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Electric beater
- Parchment Paper
- 8×8 inch baking pan
- 7 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups cherries (pitted and cut into halves. Set aside a few cherries to add to the top of the brownies before baking.)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Grease a square 8×8-inch baking pan with butter and line it with two pieces of parchment paper going in opposite direction. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl combine the chopped chocolate and butter and melt in a microwave using 30-second intervals to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-6 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate-butter mixture to the egg mixture and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine both the dry and wet ingredients using a spatula until evenly incorporated.
- Add the cherries and fold them into the brownie batter until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and arrange some cherries on top. Bake the brownies for 35-40 minutes until the top looks shiny and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool for an hour. Cut them into equal squares. Serve with ice cream and enjoy!