The holidays are all about family, and nothing brings all the generations together like food! In “Homespun Holidays” we explore recipes perfect for new family traditions, shareable plates for your next holiday get-together, and small-batch desserts and sides for more intimate gatherings. Wow your loved ones at your next family get together with this easy and delicious chocolate peppermint bark Bundt cake from Bianca Dodson of Lenox Bakery.
Every year I’m in charge of bringing one or two desserts to holiday gatherings, and this time I’ll be bringing this incredible chocolate peppermint bark Bundt cake. Moist chocolate cake is swirled with pieces of Harry & David Peppermint Bark then topped with ganache and more chopped peppermint bark (I mean, can you get enough bark?). You can bet that this recipe will be requested for years to come. And the best part? This recipe is simple and doesn’t require any special equipment!
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup 100% unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Harry & David Peppermint Bark
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, heat butter in the microwave until fully melted. Add in the milk and cocoa powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the chocolate mix to the dry ingredients, then stir until fully combined. The batter will be thick.
- Add in the eggs, making sure to fully combine. Add the sour cream, oil, and vanilla. Mix until batter is combined and smooth. Gently fold in the ½ cup chopped peppermint bark.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- To make the ganache
- Heat the heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until hot. Carefully remove from the microwave and add in the semi-sweet chocolate. Allow to sit for 3 to 5 minutes then stir until smooth.
- Once the cake is done, flip it onto a plate and allow it to cool completely (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP). Drizzle ganache over the cooled cake and top with the remaining ½ cup peppermint bark.