Share the Christmas spirit at your next holiday party with this Cranberry Cream Cheese Bread. Made with Harry & David Cranberry Relish and shaped like a candy cane, it will be an instant hit with all your friends and family.
Looking for an easy and shareable dish to bake for your holiday parties? This Cranberry Cream Cheese Bread perfectly captures the holiday spirit. Candy canes’ classic shape and color are reflected in this tasty treat that resembles a cheese danish. It tastes sweet like a candy cane too, since it uses Harry & David Cranberry Relish!
The recipe starts with a puff pastry dough base. You’ll layer sweetened cream cheese and cranberry relish on one side of the pastry base to create a sweet interior. Then, fold the ends over so the cranberry relish peeks out like candy cane stripes. After baking, a sugary drizzle tops it off for an extra sweet touch! If you have any cranberry relish left over and need another dish for your guests, this Three-Ingredient Cranberry Relish Appetizer is a quick and easy snack to enjoy while the danish bakes.
With the way the dough is split into “stripes,” this Candy Cane Bread is easy to pull apart. That make it the perfect shareable treat! Serve it warm at your next holiday party, and watch it disappear piece by piece.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Bread
For the Candy Cane Bread:
- 1 8oz can crescent roll dough (refrigerated)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons Harry & David® Cranberry Relish
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
For the Glaze:
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper, then spray it generously with cooking spray.
- Unroll the dough and separate it into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise.
- On cookie sheet, place the crescent dough triangles lengthwise in a column, pointing the same direction, with the edges overlapping slightly.
- Press overlapping edges together to help seal them, but leave the triangle points free.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar until well blended.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture up the widest part of the dough, not touching the triangle ends and leaving a 1/2 inch edge on the thick side.
- Spread the cranberry relish on top of the cream cheese.
- Fold the triangle tips of the dough over the cream cheese/cranberry relish to enclose the filling.
- Tuck the ends of the dough underneath the edge to attach.
- Gently pick up the top end of the dough and curve it to form the top of a candy cane. Brush dough with melted butter, then sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar over the top.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before using a spatula to carefully move the bread from the parchment to a platter, loosening the edges with the spatula first if needed.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk until well blended.
- If it’s too thick to drizzle, add additional drops of milk.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the bread with a fork. Serve warm.