Cushman’s HoneyBells are the perfect companion to sweet strawberries in this version of the classic spinach salad. HoneyBells are juicy and sweet with less acidity than a navel orange, and vibrant flavor will shine in any dish.
This salad is easy to make and is great as a light lunch, dinner, or as the stunning centerpiece to any brunch spread.
HoneyBell, Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Citrus Dressing
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp.
- When cooked, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Pour the bacon fat into a small saucepan and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, add the spinach, orange segments, strawberries, mushrooms, and onion.
- Toss to combine all ingredients.
- Heat the bacon fat over low heat and whisk in the HoneyBell juice, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Crumble the bacon over the salad and sprinkle with the pistachios and serve immediately.