Cushman’s®HoneyBells are finally in season, and we’re celebrating with a delicious creamsicle orange smoothie by Jessica Merchant from How Sweet It Is.
The winter doldrums really set into for me after the holidays – in fact, before holiday break even ends. I usually dread the first few days into the New Year. Even though I crave the fresh start and newness of the season, I miss the warm and cozy holiday feels, foods and glow from the Christmas tree.
And then, just like that, a day or two in, I remember that we’re in the midst of one of the best seasons of the year: citrus season!
There are so many possibilities and so many flavors! Sweet, savory, meals and even cocktails… citrus is one of the foods that can be used every single way, from salads to roasts. Hence why I love it so much!
My favorite pick at the moment is a ridiculously delicious Cushman’s® HoneyBell. Oh how I love them so! The sweetness cannot be beat. It’s like I’m eating nature’s candy and savoring every bite.
When I’m not segmenting these babies and enjoying them for a snack, I love to make a creamy, vanilla and coconut orange smoothie. The brightness perks me up in the morning, not to mention it tastes like dessert.
This citrus smoothie contains so many of my favorite ingredients. We have coconut milk, Greek yogurt, frozen bananas (my go-to for milkshake-like smoothies!), fresh HoneyBell juice, vanilla beans and a very teeny pinch of salt to bring all the flavor out. I’m absolutely obsessed with drinking this right now because it tastes like the tropics.
Creamsicle Smoothie with HoneyBells
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ cup Cushman’s® HoneyBell juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 whole Cushman’s® HoneyBell tangelo
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (extract works too!)
- pinch salt
- Harry & David® HoneyBell Orange (Segmented)
- granola (your favorite)
- unsweetened flaked coconut
- chia seeds
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree until thick, creamy and smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with extra HoneyBell segments, granola, flaked coconut and chia seeds.
- Cheers to a bright morning!