The perfect anytime salad, Peach Panzanella Salad with Berries and Cucumbers is a refreshing meal that’s a fun twist on the classic summer favorite. Created by Kellie from The Suburban Soapbox and made with Harry & David Oregold Peaches, this simple recipe is a fantastic summer meal!
I love entertaining but manage to only pull it off in the summer. The winter months just don’t seem fit for celebrating, but long summer days… they’re reason alone to throw a party. I try to keep a few recipes at the ready for simple and easy meals that come together in minutes. And I ALWAYS have a pile of Oregold Peaches ready and waiting for a quick, festive recipe.
This Peach Panzanella Salad with Berries and Cucumbers is like a feast for your eyes. The vibrant colors are always a stunner at summer get-togethers and the fresh peaches, juicy berries, crisp cucumbers and croutons go together so swimmingly.
I toss day old bread cubes in a mixture of honey and olive oil before baking them to a golden brown. Then add them to the sliced cucumbers, peaches, berries and basil; and drizzle a little more of that honey/olive oil concoction. Summer dreams are made with this salad!
Peach Panzanella Salad with Berries and Cucumbers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place bread in a large mixing bowl and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and olive oil
- Pour 1/2 of the olive oil mixture over the bread and toss to coat
- Spread the bread in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes
- Stir bread cubes and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Cool to room temperature
- Place croutons in a large mixing bowl, then add peaches, cucumber, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and basil
- Pour remaining olive oil mixture and toss to coat
- Serve immediately