The perfect anytime salad, Peach Panzanella Salad with Berries and Cucumbers is a refreshing meal that’s a fun twist on the classic summer favorite. Created by Kellie from The Suburban Soapbox and made with Harry & David Oregold Peaches, this simple recipe is a fantastic summer meal!
I love entertaining but manage to only pull it off in the summer. The winter months just don’t seem fit for celebrating, but long summer days… they’re reason alone to throw a party. I try to keep a few recipes at the ready for simple and easy meals that come together in minutes. And I ALWAYS have a pile of Oregold Peaches ready and waiting for a quick, festive recipe.
This Peach Panzanella Salad with Berries and Cucumbers is like a feast for your eyes. The vibrant colors are always a stunner at summer get-togethers and the fresh peaches, juicy berries, crisp cucumbers and croutons go together so swimmingly.
I toss day old bread cubes in a mixture of honey and olive oil before baking them to a golden brown. Then add them to the sliced cucumbers, peaches, berries and basil; and drizzle a little more of that honey/olive oil concoction. Summer dreams are made with this salad!
Peach Panzanella Salad with Berries and Cucumbers
- 1 lb day old bread (cut into bite sized cubes)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3 Harry & David® Oregold® Peaches (pitted and sliced)
- 1 English cucumber (sliced)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup thinly sliced basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place bread in a large mixing bowl and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and olive oil
- Pour 1/2 of the olive oil mixture over the bread and toss to coat
- Spread the bread in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes
- Stir bread cubes and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Cool to room temperature
- Place croutons in a large mixing bowl, then add peaches, cucumber, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and basil
- Pour remaining olive oil mixture and toss to coat
- Serve immediately
Hello, just came across this recipe and the picture looks like bleu cheese crumbles on the salad, but no mention in the ingredients.
Still going to try this recipe because it looks so good.