This three-ingredient pineapple ‘nice cream’ — created by Julia from The Roasted Root— comes together quickly with just a blender or food processor. This simple, creamy treat is the perfect spring snack or light dessert.
There’s nothing I love more than a recipe that really highlights the seasonal flavors inside. With only three ingredients, this easy “nice cream” recipe combines just pineapple, banana, and coconut milk for a perfectly-balanced tropical treat. In addition to being delicious, this recipe is vegan, diary-free, and allergy-friendly—so you know it will be hard to say no to a second scoop!
Just add all three ingredients together, blend until smooth, and you’ll be left with sweet and creamy pineapple ice cream. Then, add toppings like walnuts, coconut flakes, or fresh berries to make your Nice Cream even nicer. You’ll get that ice cream shop experience, but without the extra sugar. Happy blending!
Three-Ingredient Pineapple Nice Cream
- 3 large bananas (frozen)
- 2 cups Harry & David® Fresh Pineapple (chopped and frozen)
- ⅓ cup Full-fat canned coconut milk
- Freeze the fruit in a sealed container or zip lock bag (note: this recipe will not work with fruit that is not completely frozen).
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. If your blender has a tamper, use it to help mash the fruit. If necessary, add more coconut milk to help the blender along. You want the mixture to be as thick as possible.
- Either serve immediately for a soft serve consistency, or transfer ice cream to a sealable container and freeze at least 2 hours for an ice cream consistency.