Here’s an easy dessert that’s ready in minutes. This elegant pumpkin affogato recipe is as simple as it gets. It has just two ingredients: pumpkin ice cream and caramel pecan coffee. It’s easy. It’s delicious. It’s fall.
Let’s start this affogato off with freshly brewed coffee. The flavor of the coffee is as important as the ice cream you choose. I followed it up with pumpkin ice cream to tie in all the wonders of fall.
Take the flavor up a notch by selecting one of the many Harry & David flavored coffees. I used Caramel Pecan Coffee to add a bit of buttery flavor. The ice cream and coffee blend together beautifully to create a spoonful of bliss. The flavor is similar to a latte, but infinitely better.
Pumpkin Affogato is a dessert you’ll crave often, which is fine because you can crush those cravings in the time it takes to brew your favorite coffee. You now have a sweet treat that’s the perfect ending to any dinner party…or the beginning of brunch.
- ½ cup pumpkin ice cream
- 4 ounces freshly brewed hot coffee
- butter cookies and/or cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Scoop 1/4 cup ice cream into a small chilled bowl.
- Pour 2 ounces coffee over ice cream.
- Repeat with remaining ice cream and coffee.
- Garnish with cookies and cinnamon sticks, if desired, and serve immediately.