Cozy breakfasts are my favorite part of fall. These pumpkin pancakes are the perfect comfort breakfast on a chilly morning especially when its paired with your favorite hot beverage. They taste like pumpkin pie in pancake form — could anything be better?
Pumpkin butter is an excellent way to add a fall spin to your favorite baked treats or breakfasts. Pumpkin purée may seem like an easy go-to, but let me tell you, pumpkin butter is soooo much better. Pumpkin butter starts with a pumpkin purée base, before being cooked for several hours and combined with extra spices, leading to a more complex and delicious flavor.
Top the pancakes with butter (pumpkin or regular), syrup, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Try pairing it with a pumpkin spice latte to make the most of pumpkin season while it lasts. Serve these pancakes up for a weekday treat, or a Sunday morning family brunch.
Pumpkin Butter Pancakes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, pumpkin butter, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk until the batter is smooth and combined.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush with butter. Use a ¼ cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the hot skillet. Cook until bubbles form, about 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with butter and maple syrup.