Looking for a unique appetizer that’s sure to please guests this weekend? Cook up some wontons, a classic dish commonly served in Chinese restaurants. These aren’t just any wontons, though, our recipe—crafted by a Harry & David employee and featuring mouthwatering photography from Kellie Hemmerly, author of The Suburban Soapbox—uses a special ingredient that takes this appetizer to a new level.
What makes them so special? The pepper and onion relish, of course! In this case, we used our Harry & David Pepper and Onion Relish, which adds a zesty bite to the smooth, creamy flavor of the cheese inside that crispy shell.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner or event, or just looking for a light snack the whole family can enjoy, this recipe is the perfect choice. It serves 4 people, only takes about fifteen minutes to cook, and all of the ingredients are used right out of the package.
- 12 sheets of wonton wrappers
- 1 Harry & David® Pepper and Onion Relish
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place wonton wrapper sheets onto a baking pan
- Fill each wonton sheet halfway with relish
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on top of the relish
- Fold wonton wrappers upwards to form a “bowl” around the relish and mozzarella
- Bake until the wontons are golden brown
- Serve hot
Recipes don’t come much easier than this! These relish wontons will be the talk of the night. For even more flavor, serve them alongside a creamy dipping sauce, which will make that spicy-sweet pepper and onion relish “pop.”