Flowers are popping up everywhere lately and I couldn’t be more ready for summer. I have big plans to entertain my friends and family this year with a huge outdoor party overflowing with festive drinks. This sparkling pineapple cocktail will be on repeat all season long. It’s made with fresh pineapples, mint and lime muddled together then topped with a splash of rum and champagne. The flavor is amazing and perfectly refreshing.
It’s easy to make too, so you’re not playing bartender all night long. Set up a mojito bar area with the ingredients ready to go so guests can make their own drinks as strong or as sweet as they like.
I love to use Champagne in this recipe, but you can substitute with your favorite Prosecco or Cava, still giving this classic cocktail a sweet and tropical spin. It’s the perfect addition to any summer or spring soiree.
Sparkling Pineapple Cocktail
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (finely diced )
- 12-14 fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar or simple syrup
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces lime juice (fresh)
- 4 ounces white rum
- 1 bottle Champagne (Cava or Prosecco works too)
- Place 1/4 cup of pineapple, 3-4 mint leaves, 1/2 teaspoon sugar (or simple syrup), 1/2 ounce pineapple juice, and 1/2 ounce of lime juice in the bottom of a Champagne glass.
- Using a muddler, crush the pineapple and mint to release the oils. Stir in 1 ounce of rum.
- Top with Champagne until glass is filled.
- Garnish with pineapple, lime and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining cocktails.