If you need a simple yet gourmet dessert for your next gathering, you’re in the right place. If you’re not in the right place, then you probably took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.
This sweet cherry jubilee flambé recipe mixes juicy Harry & David cherries with currant jelly and lemon, before it’s topped with brandy and lit on fire. Desserts for a crowd don’t often wow like this one does. It’s a sensational treat everyone will enjoy.
Sweet Cherry Jubilee Flambé
- 1 ½ cups cherry juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- 1 slice lemon
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Blend cherry juice with cornstarch in a chafing dish or shallow pan.
- Add jelly and lemon.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened.
- Add cherries and heat thoroughly. If you use a pan, pour the mixture into a heated serving dish.
- Pour over the hot cherries and carefully light with a match. Let the flame burn down and immediately pour the sauce over ice cream and serve.