Start the day right with this delicious breakfast idea from Tim Keller, our executive chef: apricot scones, made with Turkish apricots and topped with a decadent chocolate drizzle. On the sweeter side, these scones can be conveniently baked in a toaster oven.
Turkish Apricot Scones
- 5 oz Harry & David Turkish Apricot (diced)
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 package (13oz Harry & David Old-Fashioned Scone Mix)
- ⅔ cup cream
- 2 Milk chocolate truffles (melt in microwave 30 seconds)
- Add the hot water to the chopped apricots and let cool.
- Prepare the scone mix according to directions on package with the additional 1/3 cup cream and diced apricots.
- To cook in toaster oven, divide dough into four balls.
- Flatten each ball into approximately 4” circle, leaving a slight dome in the middle.
- Cut each circle into 4 wedges. Bake 6 scone wedges at a time in a preheated 425 F toaster oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle with the melted truffles and let cool.
- Serve with Harry and David Apricot Peach Premium Preserves.
What To Do Next…
- What do you think of the recipe? Please let us know in the comments. We’d love to hear from you.
- Stop by your nearest Harry & David store on March 5 to sample this recipe and more as part of our Epicurean Evening event.
What sort of cream is called for- heavy whipping cream, half and half cream, sour cream ( if I don’t have heavy whipping cream) ?