Enjoy a fresh start to your day with a flavorful fall twist! This Apple Smoothie recipe has a dash of turmeric and is packed with nutrients and tastes like a brisk autumn day.
Fresh Harry & David apples, bananas, almond milk, cinnamon and turmeric are blended until smooth with just a bit of yogurt to create this frothy smoothie. It’s a great way to kick off your morning and is ready in just minutes with the help of your blender.
Turmeric is a surprising addition to the usual fruit smoothie and adds a great color that will remind you of fall foliage. The turmeric flavor is subtle and a great compliment to the sweet apples. The yogurt adds a slight tartness and a bit of protein, making this smoothie great for breakfast or a post-workout snack.
Apple Smoothie With Turmeric
- 1 red apple (cored and cut into chunks)
- 1 banana (peeled, frozen )
- ¾ cup Almond milk
- ¼ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Place the apple, banana, almond milk, yogurt, honey, cinnamon and turmeric in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Note: If you like a thicker smoothie, add 1/4 cup ice cubes to the blender before blending. Enjoy!