With a focus on fine meats and seafood and how to cook them, our series “A Cut Above” will guide you to become the ultimate grill master. These BBQ chicken sliders from Nick Evans of Macheesmo are a must for summer grilling, and are the perfect way to use some of your favorite Harry & David condiments.
Slide into grilling season with these BBQ chicken sliders (see what we did there?), the perfect backyard barbecue food. Forget the standard hot dogs or hamburgers and instead serve these easy-to-make sliders that are dripping in Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Sauce. Harry & David condiments like BBQ sauce, relish, and grilling sauce are all you need to impress your guests with your grilling game.
Put these sliders out as a hearty appetizer or stack a few on a plate and make a meal out of them. Either way, they’re a great way to celebrate warm weather, good friends and family, and delicious food — all while being outdoors.
Try these sliders with Harry & David Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Sauce, which is slightly sweet and tangy. The carrot and cabbage slaw (with a bit of honey) rounds out each slider, giving it a lovely crunchy texture.
BBQ Chicken Sliders with Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Harry & David Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls
Slider slaw ingredients
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 medium carrots (grated)
- ½ small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Preheat grill to 375° F to 450° F (or direct heat, if using charcoal).
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Preparing the slaw
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Place the slaw in the fridge for 30-60 minutes for the flavors to meld. It's OK if you don't want to wait; the coleslaw is fine to eat right away, too.
Grilling the chicken
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side, until it reaches 165° F in the thickest part of the chicken.
- Flip the chicken and generously brush it with Harry & David Kentucky BBQ Sauce.
- After chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing it for sliders.
Assembling the sliders
- Place a few slices of grilled chicken on the bottom part of a slider bun. Add 1/4 cup of slaw. Drizzle with extra BBQ Sauce. Add sliced pickles and the top slider roll. Serve immediately.