Liven up your chicken dinner with the addition of sweet, juicy navel oranges. Check out this easy recipe for orange roasted chicken.
- 1 whole 3-4 lb. chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 navel oranges, quartered
- 1/2 onion, chopped in chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- kosher or sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Salt and pepper the chicken, inside and out.
- Put the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan, breast side up.
- Stuff the cavity with oranges, rosemary, thyme, onions and garlic.
- Rub the chicken well with olive oil.
- Bake about 1 hour or until golden and internal temperature reaches 165 F.