Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I love decorating the Christmas tree, baking cookies, singing carols, and gift giving. But most of all I love making holiday drinks, like hot chocolate. It’s the quintessential cold weather beverage. However, if you’re looking for a drink that’s extra festive, make yourself this peppermint bark hot chocolate recipe.
The minty kick of the peppermint mixed with the creamy, decadent chocolate is a match made in heaven. For an even extra dash of holiday flare, add whipped cream and crumbled peppermint bark on top. Each sip hits the spot every time.
Peppermint Bark Hot Chocolate
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 4 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 pieces Harry & David Peppermint Bark
- Whipped cream (store bought or homemade)
- Chopped peppermint bark (for garnish)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in milk. Warm over medium heat but don’t boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract. Whisk until frothy.
- Place a piece of peppermint bark in the bottom of a mug.
- Pour hot chocolate over bark.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped peppermint bark. Serve immediately.