The recipes in our series “Homemade Gourmet” take the thought and time out of cooking without sacrificing their flavor or gourmet appeal. This Cheesy Snap Pea & Bacon Frittata by Kellie Hemmerly of The Suburban Soapbox is the perfect savory dish for Sunday morning.
Round out your brunch buffet with a spring-inspired frittata that’s as appetizing as it is gorgeous. Made with Harry & David’s popular side dish, Creamy Snap Peas with Bacon, this recipe can be whipped up in no time. Served straight from the oven, this Cheesy Snap Pea and Bacon Frittata is a stunning centerpiece all by itself.
Cheesy Snap Pea & Bacon Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- Cooking spray or oil (for the skillet)
- 1 cup Harry & David® Creamy Snap Peas with Bacon
- ¼ cup white cheddar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Fresh chives (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until just combined.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until it begins to set around the edges.
- Pour in the Creamy Snap Peas with Bacon, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper and give it a gentle stir without disrupting the eggs too much.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until puffed, golden brown and the egg is set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately topped with fresh snipped chives, if desired.