Pears can be enjoyed in so many ways: candied, pickled, poached, baked, in a cake, as muffins, with cheese, in a salad, and, of course, right out of your hand. If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy pears, keep reading. This delicious Citrus Pear White Wine Sangria recipe is easy, delicious, and great for a crowd.
Pinot Gris is the lucky wine to star in this pear sangria, with bright, aromatic notes of citrus serving as the perfect base. It adapts well to the buttery Royal Verano Pears without being overrun by them, and a fresh lemon wedge complements the wine’s refreshing flavor.
To make the cocktail even more effervescent, add some seltzer water or, for a more potent kick, add half a cup of vodka.
Citrus Pear White Wine Sangria Recipe
- 3 Harry & David Royal Verano Pears
- 2 medium Lemons
- 10 cinnamon sticks (set aside a few extra for garnish)
- 1 bottle Harry & David Pinot Gris
- ½ cup vodka (optional)
- 1 cup seltzer water
- sprigs of thyme (for garnish)
- Remove stems and cut each pear lengthwise in half, removing the core.
- Cut off the ends of the lemons and slice into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Add the pear and lemon slices to a large pitcher.
- Add cinnamon sticks, leaving some aside for garnishing.
- Pour the wine and vodka (optional) over the fruit in the pitcher and stir. Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to 8.
- When ready to serve, cut the remaining pears lengthwise into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Pour the sangria mixture into a glass. about a third of the way. Top it off with seltzer. Add a pear slice, cinnamon stick, an ice cube if your heart desires, and a sprig of thyme.