“Seasonal Cooking” brings you delicious home-cooked recipes with the freshest ingredients of the season. These apple, pear, and orange juice recipes using fresh fruit from Harry & David require only a few simple steps to start your day on a refreshing note.
My New Year’s resolution this year is all about eating more fruits and vegetables. (Most of you probably made a similar one.) I make myself and my family fruit- and vegetable-based juices every morning, and I try to use the freshest ingredients, which makes them taste even more delicious! They don’t take long to make, and by the looks of the empty glasses, everyone in the family loves them.
The best part about making juices is that there’s no wrong way to do it — you just have to use your favorite ingredients. Fresh fruit brings a splash of sweetness to the mix, but I love adding lots of veggies for extra flavor variety and nutrients.
The grapefruit and orange combination in the Pretty in Pink juice is one of my kids’ favorites. Tart grapefruit and lime complement the sweetness of the oranges and strawberries. Fresh ginger root adds a refreshing final touch.
The Get Your Greens On smoothie is my favorite. For this recipe, you can either use a juicer, if you’d prefer to have just the juice, or a blender, for a thicker smoothie.
The Refreshing Orange smoothie provides a refreshing burst of vitamin C if you’re trying to add more to your diet, and nothing’s better than a winter smoothie to remind you of the summer sunshine.
Three simple juice recipes
Get Your Greens on With a Green Smoothie!
- Remove the skin from all your ingredients and place them in a juicer. You can use a blender if you prefer a thicker smoothie.
- Top the drink with coconut water for a touch of tropical flavor. Enjoy right away.
Refreshing Orange Smoothie
- 1 Harry & David® Orange (peeled)
- 1 lemon (peeled)
- 1 banana (peeled)
- 1 carrot (cleaned and peeled)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled)
- ½ cup coconut water
- 3 ice cubes
- Wash, peel, and cut fruits and vegetables.
- Add all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into a glass and serve.