The holidays are all about family, and nothing brings all the generations together like food! In “Homespun Holidays” we explore recipes perfect for new family traditions, shareable plates for your next holiday get-together, and small-batch desserts and sides for more intimate gatherings. This recipe for Smoked Turkey with Apple Cherry Chutney comes from Jessica Merchant of How Sweet Eats. Try a new turkey flavor this year with a delicious smoked turkey paired with sweet apple cherry chutney.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I love how the meal brings families together. It’s an opportunity to celebrate old traditions or create new ones.
However, there can often be so much to stress over Thanksgiving — it’s a huge meal! It’s called a feast for a reason. All of those dishes need to be done at once while family you haven’t seen in years wants to catch up while giving you conflicting advice for when you need to flip the bird. It can be totally overwhelming, yet you want it the dinner to be perfect.
Enter this incredible smoked turkey. We love smoked turkey, especially for leftovers. I love serving it with jam or chutney, on sandwiches, in salads, and almost anywhere that I would normally serve chicken.
The Harry & David smoked turkey is beyond easy. It arrives already smoked, so all you need to do is throw it in the oven until it’s warmed through. I like to serve it with an array of garnishes and aromatics, like fresh oranges and herbs and even some wedges of pomegranate. Yes, pomegranate. Give it a try. The pièce de résistance is the apple cherry chutney on the side. The sweetness of chutney complements the smoky flavor of the turkey wonderfully.
Not only does the smoked turkey simplify your Thanksgiving preparation, it brings fantastic flavor and deliciousness to the holiday!
Smoked Turkey with Apple Cherry Chutney
For the Apple Cherry Chutney
- 1 jar Harry & David® Apple Cherry Chutney
- 1 apple (diced)
- 1 Harry & David® Orange (peeled and chopped with the pith removed)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped, plus more for topping)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200° F. Place the turkey in a roasting pan and heat until warmed through, about 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Have a glass of wine, watch some football.
For the chutney
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl right before the turkey is ready. Set aside.
- Remove the turkey and slice the breasts, legs and wings. Arrange on a platter with the sage, orange wedges, and pomegranate arils. Serve warm with the apple cherry chutney.